Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This is huge!!!

A huge accomplishment was made today. Deonna actually ate peas and corn on the cob!!! This may sound like a small thing to some people but I am thrilled. Now tomorrow is another story. She has to get her shots. Six I believe. Ouch!!! Neither of us are too happy about that. She is such a loving child. I am debating on putting her in a four hour-two day a week program at a private school. I think this would prepare her for school this fall and I can tell that she misses being around children. She had been in an orphanage her entire life so I feel that she would be happy to go. I am meeting with the school director and teachers on Tuesday and will pray for guidance before I make my decision. I want to protect her and I know I can when she is with me but going to school without me is scary, for me!!! Maybe I can pay tuition and go with her. It's a thought.
A quick word of wisdom on what to take with you to Ukraine: Board games They would fit easily in the bottom of a suitcase and I would have loved to have had scrabble or monopoly to help pass the hours and days. Also, movies for your laptop. Also, if you like peanut butter, take some. You can't find it there and sometimes the meat doesn't look too appealing. It would have been great to make a quick sandwich sometimes. As for books, I would take plenty. You can't find english books so leave room for those. I read The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. It is a long, long book but very good. You can't find ziploc baggies at all. I took plenty. They come in handy for everything. Also, not too bad of an idea to put them over your shoes when you go to the toilet on the trains. Yuck!!!!
God Bless!!!

No comments:

Lil' Mermaid

Lil' Mermaid