Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First day of school

Today was the first day of school. I stayed with her and she did really well. She joined right in with the other children at centers and sat somewhat still while on the carpet for story time. I only hope she will do as well when I'm not there. I truly believe she will. She has talked about her drooks-friends all day. Typical girl, cares about her friends instead of school. She has to wear a uniform on Mondays only. I'm not sure who was more scared this morning, me or her!? We did have a little meltdown after school. Kevin and I took her to eat, which we have done quite a few times and she has done great, but today wasn't too great. She decided to start misbehaving and I warned her two or three times that I was going to take her to the car. I guess she did't believe me. When I picked her up to leave, she started screaming, very very loud. I didn't let this stop me. I marched her right out of there. I was a little surprised when she started to somewhat choke me while in the lobby, but this did't stop me either. I am one tough cookie. My husband would call that stubborn. She did get in big trouble when we got to the car. She was so mad at me. When we made it home in one piece, Kev and I talked to her about what she did and what the consequences would be. Later that day, I took her to the mall to exchange some things and she started to get rowdy again, but one mention of the car and leaving was all it took. My plan for tomorrow is to stay at home. We will practice our ballet and schoolwork a little then lots and lots of loving!!! God bless!

No comments:

Lil' Mermaid

Lil' Mermaid