Friday, January 25, 2008

Beautiful Ballerina

As I said in the last blog, Deonna is starting ballet Monday. The instructor said that she would order her an outfit next week, but I couldn't resist, and went ahead and bought her one for now. She wanted to wear it, of course, so we let her and I couldn't believe it. We played some soft music and she danced as if she has been dancing forever. She has such grace and determination. I couldn't help but cry. They were tears of joy but also of sadness. I see the potential in her for so many things and I know in my heart that none of that would have even been a possibility if she was left in that orphanage. I could have let her dance all night. My heart still breaks for those children left and their little faces are in my mind and heart forever. I will continue to pray for them and hope that they find their forever family soon. But, for now, all I can do is to give everything I can to Deonna and pray that she reaches her dreams and beyond. Keep dancing!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you guys are blogging and we can keep up on your continuing journey with Deonna! :) Feel free to email us at frogcourt at yahoo dot com.

Lil' Mermaid

Lil' Mermaid