Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School, Scissors and Soldiers

Can you say panic attack?! I have been close to one all week. School is hard!! She is expected to recognize the letters ABCDE in upper and lowercase and know the words I,am,dog and cat. All of this in three days! Might not sound like much but to her it is. Good grief. What happened to learning your colors and shapes in Kindergarten. It has been a while. My boys are almost nineteen but things have really changed. I am trying to keep a positive attitude but it's hard. I feel bad for her. She gets so frustrated. And to top it all off, she is having her pictures taken by a great photographer here in town tomorrow and what does she go and do? She cut her hair!! Right in the front! I couldn't believe it. She has had scissors for seven months and knew the rules and decides to cut it the day before her pictures. I can't reschedule or I lose my deposit and it was quite a bit. I called my hairdresser and she tried to cut her some longer bangs to hide the short ones. Help!!!
As for the boys, they are both gone now and I hate it. I haven't talked to Chris but once in a week. Corey is able to call about every three days. It's still not the same. I know it's hard for them too. I am proud of them but I miss them so much.
Please pray for all of the soldiers and for all of the parents who have children in Kindergarten!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Our school has a developmental KG class for kids who are old enough for KG but not ready, and Dima was in that last semester. He's now in KG but he knows all of his letters and the sounds, and we've been working on pre-reading skills so I hope he's ready! KG is much different than it was 20 or 30 years ago--they are basically expected to be reading by the end of the year, at least here. We put Zhenya in the developmental KG since he just turned 5 this summer and we think it will help him prepare for KG next year. Deonna's really smart--I bet in a few weeks she'll be surprising you with all of the new things she knows! :)

junglemama said...

Wow-- that is alot. This subject is close to my heart because we just pulled our son out of kindergarten and are going to wait till next year to put him in.

Lil' Mermaid

Lil' Mermaid