Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back to School

School has been back in session for two weeks now. Dee is loving Middle School and so far so good. I'm not thrilled with the fact that she has no textbooks to bring home. Apparently, not enough for every student. I think it's ridiculous to think that parents can help their children with homework and know how how to properly teach them with this ridiculous Common Core method. Ugh! It's very frustrating. My son, Corey, did get a job. He is working as an investigator for the State of Tennessee concerning Housing and Human Rights. Let's just say, he enjoys it but some days are very stressful for him due to some of the cases he has to work with. I believe that he thought he might be making a change for good in the lives of these people but instead he is seeing a system that is not always fair and for the good. I told him that God sent him there for a reason and he will definitely learn something. Prayers are appreciated. ❤️ Christopher is settling in to his new move to Florida. He loves it and even though he is farther away from me, I am just glad he is happy. I miss him dearly, but I am also excited to see what God has in store for his future. Please continue to pray for the people of Ukraine. We still anxiously await to hear from our dear friend, Gennady, who lives in Slavyansk with his family. And for the people in Missouri, our hearts and prayers are with you. Prayers to the innocent victims in Iraq who are being tortured and killed by ISIS.

No comments:

Lil' Mermaid

Lil' Mermaid